Apple Onion Grill Cheese
- 2 slices of sourdough bread
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1⁄3 cup sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup apple cider
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh sage, chopped
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄3 cup gouda, shredded
- 2 slices prosciutto
- 1 honeycrisp apple, thinly sliced
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat the Grillet® to 350°F and melt 2⁄3 cup of butter.
- Add the onion and sauté for 3 minutes, until softened. Add thyme, sage, and red pepper flakes, mix well. Add apple cider, season with salt. Cook until liquids are reduced. Remove from the grillet and turn off the heat.
- Wipe the grillet clean, heat to 375°F.
- Butter one side of your bread. Lay bread into the heated Grillet® with buttered side down. Lay cheese, grilled onion, prosciutto, sliced apple. Top with another slice of bread, buttered side up. Grill for 3 minutes per side.
- Serve immediately.