Mayak Eggs – Korean Marinated Eggs
- 6 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 3 clover garlic, minced
- 1 chili pepper, sliced
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tbsp dark corn syrup
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- Add 2 cups of water to the rice cooker. Place the eggs into the steam tray, then close the lid.
- Select the STEAM function and set it to 7 minutes for soft-boiled texture. When the cycle completes, transfer the eggs immediately to a bowl of iced water to stop cooking further.
- In a larger bowl add soy sauce, water, sugar, and dark corn syrup, and mix well until sugar dissolves. Add the rest ingredients in and mix well.
- Gently peel the eggs and add them to the marinade. Cover tightly and store in the refrigerator overnight.
- Serve the egg over the rice with scallions and seaweed flakes.