Bacon Mushroom Risotto
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 Portobello mushrooms, sliced into 1-inch pieces
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1¼ cups vegetable broth
- ¾ cups white wine (such as chardonnay)
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- large pinch of dried basil
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 bacon strips, cooked until crispy and crumbled
- Add olive oil to the inner pot and allow it to heat briefly using the Sauté-then-Simmer STS® function.
- Add the mushrooms, garlic, salt, and pepper and cook until the mushrooms begin to soften.
- Pour in the vegetable broth, white wine, Arborio rice, and basil then close the lid.
- Once the cooker automatically switches to Keep Warm, stir in the Parmesan cheese, crumbled bacon, and salt and pepper to taste then serve.