Bacon Mushroom Risotto
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 Portobello mushrooms, sliced into 1-inch pieces
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 ¼ cups vegetable broth
- ¾ cup white wine (like chardonnay)
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- A large pinch of dried basil
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 strips of crispy cooked bacon, crumbled
- Heat the olive oil in the inner pot using the Sauté-then-Simmer STS® function.
- Add mushrooms, garlic, salt, and pepper. Cook until mushrooms soften.
- Pour in vegetable broth, white wine, Arborio rice, and dried basil. Close the lid.
- When the cooker shifts to Keep Warm, stir in Parmesan cheese, crumbled bacon, and season with salt and pepper.