- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ red onion, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp basil
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, grated (or nutritional yeast for vegan option)
- 1 loaf French or garlic bread, lightly toasted in the oven
- Set your multicooker for Sauté-Then-Simmer STS®. Add the oil to the inner pot; close the lid and let it heat for a few minutes.
- Open the lid and add the garlic. Cook just until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add in the red onion, salt and pepper to taste, basil, oregano, and garlic powder. Stir with a long-handled wooden or heat safe spoon while cooking until the onion becomes soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add in the tomatoes and balsamic vinegar. Give it a good stir and close the lid.
- Allow the bruschetta dip to simmer for 10-12 minutes until bubbly and warmed throughout.
- Serve in a large bowl with pieces of the bread for dipping or spreading.