BUTTERY AT-HOME SEAFOOD BOIL
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 2 heads garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- 4 tbsp Old Bay seasoning
- 2 tbsp lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp cayenne pepper
- 1 link smoked sausage, cut into 1-inch pieces
- ½ lb small gold potatoes
- 1 corn cob, cut into 3 pieces
- 1 lb shrimp
- ½ lb mussels
- ½ lb snow crab
- 2 limes, halved (for topping)
- In the rice cooker pot, melt the unsalted butter over medium heat until it comes to a boil.
- Stir in the roughly chopped garlic, fresh lemon juice, Old Bay seasoning, lemon pepper seasoning, paprika, and cayenne pepper. Mix the ingredients well to create a flavorful mixture.
- Add the smoked sausage pieces to the butter mixture, ensuring they are coated with the seasonings.
- Place the small gold potatoes and corn pieces in the steam tray of the rice cooker.
- Close the lid of the rice cooker and allow the potatoes and corn to boil and steam for about 15 minutes, until they are tender.
- Once the potatoes and corn are cooked, remove them and set them aside.
- In the steam tray, arrange the shrimp, mussels, and snow crab.
- Close the lid again and let the seafood steam for an additional 5 minutes, until cooked through.
- Drizzle some of the melted butter from the pot over all the cooked ingredients for added flavor.
- Serve the seafood boil by placing the cooked sausage, potatoes, corn, shrimp, mussels, and snow crab on a large serving platter. Arrange the halved limes on the side for squeezing over the seafood.
- Enjoy your delicious and flavorful seafood boil, enhanced by the aromatic garlic-lemon butter and a medley of seasonings!