CALIFORNIA SUSHI BAKE
- 1 cup rice
- 1 ¼ cup water
- 10 oz imitation crab, shredded and chopped
- 12 oz tuna
- 3 tbsp mayo
- ¼ cup sugar
- Black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup sushi vinegar
- 1 cup furikake
- Roasted sesame seeds
- Roasted seaweed nori
- Cook the rice with water using the WHITE RICE mode in your rice cooker.
- In a bowl, combine the shredded crab, tuna, mayo, and sugar. Season with black pepper to taste, and then set the mixture aside.
- Once the rice is cooked, fluff it with a fork and stir in the sushi vinegar to season the rice.
- Sprinkle half of the furikake seasoning over the rice, and then add the crab and tuna mixture on top.
- Close the lid of the rice cooker and select the KEEP WARM setting. Let it sit for 10 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
- To serve, scoop the rice onto roasted seaweed sheets (nori). Top with sesame seeds and the remaining furikake seasoning.
- Roll the seaweed into sushi rolls or enjoy the rice and crab-tuna mixture as a bowl, and savor the delicious flavors of this sushi-inspired dish!