Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
- 16 oz penne
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup white onion, chopped finely
- 1 tsp cayenne
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 10-12 ounces smoked gouda, shredded
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Fill the multicooker to the top measuring line with water. Close the lid and set to the Steam function for 30 minutes to bring it to a boil.
- Once boiling, remove the lid and add the pasta. Return to a boil then cook 5 minutes.
- After boiling the pasta for 5 minutes, add the cauliflower florets and cook an additional 3 minutes until the pasta is al dente and the pasta is just tender.
- Turn off the cooker. Use oven mitts to remove the inner pot, drain and set the pasta and cauliflower aside. Return the pot to the cooker.
- Set the cooker for Sauté-then-Simmer STS® function, add the oil and butter. Cook just until the butter melts.
- Add in the onion and cook for 5 minutes until they start to soften.
- Whisk in cayenne, milk, and stock. Cook until boiling, add the cheese and stir in to melt completely.
- Stir in the mustard and season with salt and pepper. Turn off the cooker.
- Add the cauliflower and pasta into the sauce; stir until combined. Serve immediately.
Recipe inspiration from Food Network