Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
- 16 oz penne
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup white onion, chopped finely
- 1 tsp cayenne
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 10-12 ounces smoked gouda, shredded
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Fill the multicooker to the top measuring line with water. Close the lid and set the Steam function for 30 minutes to bring it to a boil.
- Once boiling, remove the lid and add the pasta. Return to a boil and cook for 5 minutes.
- After boiling for 5 minutes, add cauliflower florets and cook an additional 3 minutes until pasta is al dente and cauliflower is tender.
- Turn off the cooker. Use oven mitts to remove the inner pot, drain pasta and cauliflower, and set aside. Return the pot to the cooker.
- Set the cooker to Sauté-then-Simmer STS® function, add oil and butter. Cook until butter melts.
- Add onion and cook for 5 minutes until softened.
- Whisk in cayenne, milk, and stock. Cook until boiling, then add cheese and stir until melted.
- Stir in mustard and season with salt and pepper. Turn off the cooker.
- Add cauliflower and pasta to the sauce; stir to combine. Serve immediately.
Enjoy your delicious pasta with cauliflower and cheese sauce! Feel free to ask if you have more questions or need assistance.
Recipe inspiration from Food Network