Chicken Alfredo Stuffed Shells
- 14 jumbo shells (about ½ of a 12 ounce box)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 chicken boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into small pieces
- 15 oz. ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp oregano
- ¾ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 15-oz. jar alfredo sauce
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Fill the inner pot of the rice cooker about halfway with water (roughly to line 6). Close the lid and set the cooker to Steam for 12 minutes (or 3 minutes longer than the cooking time on the package instructions).
- Once the cooker time starts counting down, it means the water has come to a low boil. Open the lid and add the shells; stir well ensuring they are all submerged in the water. Close the lid and let cook, opening the lid to stir occasionally, until the time reaches 0 and the cooker beeps.
- Turn the cooker off. Use oven mitts and CAREFULLY lift the inner pot out of the rice cooker. Drain the pasta and set aside to cool. Without rinsing or wiping down, replace the inner pot to the cooker.
- Set the cooker for Sauté-Then-Simmer STS® and add the olive oil to the inner pot. Close the lid and let the oil heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken and cook while stirring frequently with a long-handled wooden or heat safe spoon until done, about 7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and turn the cooker off, leaving the pot in the cooker. Scoop out the chicken into a large bowl.
- Add the ricotta, egg, Italian seasoning, and ½ cup parmesan cheese to the chicken. Stir the mixture well to fully combine, then set aside.
- Spread about half of the alfredo sauce into the bottom of the rice cooker’s inner pot.
- Put about 2 tablespoons of the ricotta mixture into each shell and place on top of the alfredo sauce in the inner pot. Repeat until all of the ricotta mixture is used and the rice cooker is full. Fit in as many as you can without stacking on top of each other; they can be squished together.
- Spread the remaining alfredo sauce on top of the filled shells. Sprinkle with the remaining parmesan cheese and mozzarella.
- Close the lid and set the cooker for the White Rice function. Cook the shells until the cooking cycle ends.
- When done, turn the cooker off. Scoop out the shells and serve. Top with fresh parsley, red pepper flakes, and fresh cracked black pepper.