Chicken Asparagus Risotto
for the risotto
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ onion, diced
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- ¼ cup dry white wine (optional)
For the topping
- 2 grilled chicken breasts, sliced
- 1 bunch of asparagus, grilled or roasted
- 8 oz. cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- ¾ cup fresh parmesan cheese, shredded
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Turn on your rice cooker, then press the Sauté-then-Simmer STS® button. Close the lid and allow to preheat for two minutes.
- Once hot, add the arborio rice, olive oil, garlic and onion to the inner pot and sauté until onions are transparent.
- Add the chicken broth and white wine (if using) to the inner pot, close the lid, and allow to cook.
When using the STS® function, your rice cooker will automatically switch from sauté to simmer when liquid is added.
- When finished cooking, your rice cooker will beep and switch to Keep Warm mode.
- Stir risotto to distribute moisture, transfer to two bowls, and top with grilled chicken breast, asparagus, cherry tomatoes, parmesan, salt, pepper and parsley.