Chicken Mushroom Takikomi Gohan
- 2 cups white rice
- 1 cup Maitake mushrooms
- 1/4 cup carrot, shredded
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cups chicken thigh, cut into 1″ cubes
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sake
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 2 tbsp green onion, chopped
- Set your rice cooker to the Sauté-then-Simmer STS® function. Pour in oil and preheat, then once heated add in cut up chicken thighs. Sauté until the chicken is cooked then stir in the onion, carrots, and mushrooms.
- Cook until fragrant, then stir in white rice and mix for 30 seconds or until everything is incorporated.
- Pour in soy sauce, sake and mirin and chicken stock and mix well. Close the lid and let the cycle run.
- When the cycle is done, serve hot with green onion if desired.