Chicken Mushroom Takikomi Gohan
- 2 cups white rice
- 1 cup Maitake mushrooms
- 1/4 cup carrot, shredded
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cups chicken thigh, cut into 1″ cubes
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sake
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 2 tbsp green onion, chopped
- Set your rice cooker to the Sauté-then-Simmer STS® function. Pour in the oil and allow it to preheat. Once the oil is hot, add the diced chicken thighs. Sauté the chicken until it is fully cooked.
- Add the chopped onion, shredded carrots, and Maitake mushrooms to the cooker. Cook until the mixture becomes fragrant and the vegetables begin to soften.
- Stir in the white rice and continue to mix for about 30 seconds, ensuring that the rice is well combined with the other ingredients.
- Pour in the soy sauce, sake, mirin, and chicken stock. Thoroughly mix all the ingredients together to evenly distribute the flavors.
- Close the lid of the rice cooker and allow the Sauté-then-Simmer function to run its cycle. This will cook the rice and meld the flavors of the dish.
- Once the cooking cycle is complete, carefully open the lid. The Maitake Mushroom Chicken Rice should be fully cooked and flavorful.
- If desired, garnish the dish with chopped green onions for added freshness and visual appeal.
- Serve the Maitake Mushroom Chicken Rice hot and enjoy a delicious and satisfying meal prepared right in your rice cooker.