- 15 dried corn husks
- 2 cups masa harina
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/3 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 cup shredded chicken breast
- 1/4 cup finely diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup pico de gallo
- Place the dried corn husks in a large bowl and cover them with water. Let them soak for at least 30 minutes until softened.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the masa harina, salt, cumin, and baking powder. Mix well.
- Gradually pour in the oil and chicken stock while continuously mixing on Low speed with a hand mixer.
- Increase the mixing speed to Medium and beat for about 10 minutes until the dough becomes fluffy. Cover the dough with a damp paper towel and refrigerate.
- For the filling, add shredded chicken breast, tomatoes, and pico de gallo to the inner pot. Heat using the Sauté-then-Simmer® function for 20 minutes.
- To assemble the tamales, lay a corn husk flat and spread about 1/4 cup of masa dough evenly over it.
- Spoon a portion of the chicken mixture onto the center of the masa.
- Fold the corn husk vertically, ensuring the masa wraps around the filling. Continue folding into a burrito or cylinder shape, then fold the ends to enclose the masa (you can tie with string if desired).
- Add 1 cup of water to the inner pot and place the tamales inside.
- Select the Steam function and cook for about 30 minutes.
- Serve the tamales with salsa, guacamole, and sour cream. You can also store them in a sealed bag in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.