Chicken, Zucchini & Mushroom Stir-Fry
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice wine
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp minced ginger
- 1 zucchini, sliced into 1/2-inch thick half-moons
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, soy sauce, rice wine, and sugar. Mix well and let the chicken marinate for 10 minutes to 1 hour.
- Place a wok over high heat and add 1 tbsp of vegetable oil. Once the oil is hot, add the marinated chicken and sauté until it’s browned on both sides and cooked through.
- Remove the cooked chicken from the wok and set aside. Add another 1/2 tbsp of oil to the wok.
- Add minced garlic and ginger to the wok and sauté until aromatic.
- Stir in the sliced mushrooms and zucchini, and sauté until they are softened.
- Return the cooked chicken to the wok and mix with the other ingredients.
- Season with salt and drizzle sesame oil over the mixture. Cook for about 1 more minute, then turn off the heat.
- Serve the chicken and vegetable stir-fry on heat-safe plates, garnished with a sprinkle of sesame seeds.