Corned Beef and Cabbage
- 1 pack (3 lbs) corned beef
- 12 oz pale ale
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small green cabbage, cut into 8 wedges
- Chopped parsley, for serving
- Place the corned beef in the inner pot of your cooker.
- Add the pale ale, yellow onion, garlic, bay leaves, 3 cups of water, and the contents of the spice packet.
- Set the cooker to the Sauté-and-Simmer STS® function. Close the lid and let it come to a simmer.
- When the cycle is done, carefully remove the corned beef from the inner pot and pat it dry with a kitchen towel.
- After washing the inner pot, put it back into the cooker and use the STS function to brown the corned beef and sauté the cabbage.
- Thinly slice the corned beef.
- Serve the sliced corned beef with the sautéed cabbage. Sprinkle with chopped parsley before serving.