Cream Cheese Macaroni & Cheese
- 16 ounces elbow macaroni
- 2½ cups half-and-half
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 16 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 ounces gruyere cheese, shredded
- Fill the inner pot of the Aroma Housewares Co multicooker with water up to ¾ of the way. Set the rice cooker to STEAM for 30 minutes and allow it to come to a boil with the lid closed.
- Once boiling, add the elbow macaroni to the boiling water. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking. Cook until al dente, about 8 minutes, with the lid open.
- Reserve 1 cup of the cooking water, then drain the pasta and set it aside.
- Return the inner pot to the multicooker and set it to Sauté-then-Simmer STS®.
- Add the half-and-half and cayenne pepper, and heat until it simmers. Let it simmer for 15 minutes, whisking frequently.
- Stir in the cream cheese until fully melted.
- Switch the rice cooker to Keep Warm mode. Gradually add the shredded cheddar and gruyere cheese while continuously stirring until the sauce is smooth and all the cheese is melted.
- Add the cooked macaroni to the sauce and stir to combine. If needed, use some of the reserved pasta water to adjust the sauce consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately.