Cucumber Quinoa Salad
FOR THE SALAD:
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 1½ cups water
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and chopped
- ¼ cup shredded carrot
- ¾ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup finely chopped mint
FOR THE DRESSING:
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice (from 2-3 lemons)
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- ½ tsp fine sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Rinse 1 cup of quinoa under cold water. Place quinoa, 1½ cups water, and 1 tsp olive oil in the inner pot of your rice cooker.
- Stir the quinoa mixture, cover with the lid, and start the cooking cycle.
- Once the quinoa is cooked, transfer it to a bowl and let it cool.
- Add chopped cucumber, shredded carrot, halved cherry tomatoes, and finely chopped mint to the cooled quinoa.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together ¼ cup olive oil, ¼ cup lemon juice, 1 tbsp red wine vinegar, 2 cloves pressed garlic, ½ tsp sea salt, and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Pour the dressing over the quinoa mixture and mix well.
- Transfer the quinoa salad to a serving plate or bowl, and top with additional mint.