French Onion Soup Bombs
- 1 can flaky biscuit dough (8 biscuits)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- salt & pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup red wine
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup Swiss cheese, shredded
- 8 slices mozzarella
- chopped parsley, to garnish
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Shape each biscuit into a small ball and bake according to package instructions in a casserole dish until golden brown.
- While the biscuits are cooling, prepare the soup.
- Heat butter in a pot and sauté onion and thyme until soft and caramelized.
- Add wine and let it simmer briefly.
- Stir in flour and garlic, cook until fragrant.
- Pour in vegetable stock, stir, and let it thicken for a few minutes.
- Turn off the heat and set aside.
- Hollow out the middle of each roll carefully.
- Sprinkle Swiss cheese into the hollowed rolls.
- Place the rolls in the casserole dish and bake at 350°F for 7 minutes to melt the cheese.
- Remove from the oven and spoon soup into each roll.
- Top each roll with a slice of mozzarella and bake for an additional 5-7 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Remove from the oven, let cool briefly, garnish with parsley, and serve.