Green Deviled Eggs & Ham
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups water
- a bowl of iced water
- 4 medium-thick slices of honey baked ham, cut into small pieces
- 3 avocados, peeled and mashed
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- parsley, for garnish
- Add 2 cups of water to the inner pot.
- Place the eggs in the steam tray and then place the steam tray inside the cooker. Close the lid securely then select the Steam function and allow the eggs to cook for about 15 minutes. If all 8 eggs will not fit in the tray at once, you will need to repeat this step until all eggs have been hard-boiled.
- Once the cooking cycle is complete, transfer the hard-boiled eggs immediately to a bowl of iced water to stop them from cooking. Let the eggs sit and cool for about 1-2 minutes.
- Crack each egg, remove all eggshells, then cut each egg in half. Take out all of the egg yolk and set aside in a bowl.
- Add the avocado, mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt, and pepper to the bowl with the yolks inside. Using a fork or spoon, mash together the ingredients until there are no large lumps and the texture is smooth.
- Spoon or pipe the egg yolk mixture into each egg white half then top with small pieces of ham. Repeat with each egg then garnish with parsley, if desired.