Grilled Corn & Black Bean Salsa
For the salsa:
- 2 ears of corn
- 30 oz black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ red onion, diced
- ⅓ cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2 avocados, cubed
For the dressing:
- juice from 4 small limes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp agave or honey
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Set the Grillet™ to 400°F. Close the lid and let it heat briefly.
- Husk the corn and place the two ears onto the Grillet™, then replace the lid.
- Cook for 25 minutes, turning them every 5 minutes with rubber-tipped tongs to cook the kernels and create grill marks.
- Once the corn is cooked and has some color, remove it from the Grillet™ and turn off the appliance.
- Allow the corn to cool, then cut the kernels off the cob and transfer them to a medium-sized bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all the ingredients for the dressing; set aside.
- To the bowl with the corn, add the black beans, cherry tomatoes, onion, and cilantro.
- Pour the dressing over the vegetables. Stir well to fully coat the veggies.
- Add the avocado on top and gently toss the salsa again to incorporate the avocado without fully smashing it.
- Serve immediately with tortilla chips.