Grilled Pesto Spinach Pizza
- 5 oz spinach
- 1 tbsp butter
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Refrigerated pizza crust dough (or make your own!)
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 4-5 tsp pesto
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Pinch of red pepper flakes, for topping
- Preheat the Grillet to 400 degrees.
- Chop the spinach and mince the garlic.
- Heat a deep pan to medium-high OR heat a rice cooker with the STEAM function. Add the butter and let it melt.
- Add the garlic and spinach and cook until it’s wilted, about 4 minutes.
- Add the almond milk, Parmesan, salt, and pepper and stir frequently to thicken, about 5-10 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Stretch out the pizza dough so it will fit nicely in the Grillet, touching all the edges. Place it in the Grillet and cook for 5-10 minutes until there are nice grill lines on the bottom and it is nice and crusty. Flip the dough.
- While it’s still in the pan, put the spinach mixture on top, sprinkle with the mozzarella and feta, dollop with pesto, and drizzle with olive oil.
- Cover the Grillet and cook until bubbly, golden and done, about another 10 minutes.
- Very carefully remove the pizza from the Grillet with a spatula.
- Top with a sprinkle of red pepper flakes and cut with a pizza cutter into 8 even slices.