Gwen’s Breakfast Tacos
- Tortillas of choice, flour or corn
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 1 large potato, diced
- 1 cup red and yellow bell peppers, diced
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Cilantro, for garnish
- Lime, to taste
- 1 avocado
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Olive oil
- Coat the bottom of the grill pan with oil and allow it to preheat.
- Once preheated, add in the diced potatoes and season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Cook for about 10-12 minutes or until the potatoes have crisped up then stir in the diced onions. TIP: To get perfectly crisped potatoes, refrain from stirring the potatoes while cooking.
- Cook until the onions are translucent then stir in the diced bell peppers.
- Once the peppers soften, remove the grill pan from the base and replace it with the stainless steel pot.
- Pour the beaten eggs and shredded cheese into the stainless steel pot and cook on high heat until the eggs have completely set.
- Assemble the potato mixture and scrambled eggs onto each tortilla and serve with avocado slices, cilantro, and lime if desired!