Hainan Chicken Rice
- 3 piece skin on bone in chicken thigh
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 inch long ginger, minced
- 3 scallion, cut into 2″ sections
- 2 lemon grass, cut into 2″ sections
- 2 cup rice
- 2 cup chicken stock
- Preheat the rice cooker with Sauté function. Once heated, put chicken thighs in skin down. Sear each side for 5 minutes. Take it out from the pot, and turn off the rice cooker,
- Set rice cooker to Spanish Rice function, add garlic and ginger and sauté until fragrant, then add rice to mix well.
- Add chicken stock, and place the scallion, lemon grass and chicken thighs over the rice.
- Close the lid, and let it cook. When the rice is ready remove scallion and lemon grass. Stir the rice well and slice the chickens.
- Serve the sliced chicken with rice.