Hainan Chicken Rice
- 3 pieces of skin-on bone-in chicken thighs
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1-inch piece of minced ginger
- 3 scallions, cut into 2-inch sections
- 2 lemongrass stalks, cut into 2-inch sections
- 2 cups of rice
- 2 cups of chicken stock
- Preheat the rice cooker using the Sauté function. Once heated, place the chicken thighs skin-side down. Sear each side for 5 minutes. Remove them from the pot, and turn off the rice cooker.
- Set the rice cooker to the Spanish Rice function, then add the minced garlic and minced ginger. Sauté until fragrant, then add the rice and mix well.
- Pour in the chicken stock and arrange the scallions, lemongrass, and chicken thighs over the rice.
- Close the lid and let it cook. When the rice is ready, remove the scallions and lemongrass. Stir the rice well and slice the chicken.
- Serve the sliced chicken over the rice. Enjoy your meal!