Halloween Bento Box
- 2 cups white rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 hot dogs
- 2 cups purple yam, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cups kabocha squash, peeled and cubed
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 3 broccoli flower
- condensed milk, ketches, seaweed and cheese for decoration
- Pour two cups of rinsed white rice into the inner pot then fill with two cups of water.
- Place broccoli, cubed kabocha squash, cubed purple yam, uncracked eggs and hot dogs onto the steam tray then place the tray into the cooker. Close the lid securely then press the White Rice function on your rice cooker to begin cooking and steaming.
- Once the rice is finished cooking, transfer the cooked rice to a large mixing bowl then mix in sesame oil and salt.
- Form four rice spheres then decorate with seaweed as desired. Place the decorated spheres into the bento box.
- Once the steamed ingredients are all properly cooked and softened, about 20-30 minutes, remove the steam tray from the cooker.
- Place the purple yam and milk into a mixing bowl then mash until they reach a smooth consistency. Using a large spoon, scoop 1 -2 spoonfuls of the yam mixture into the bento box. To create spider webs, pour condensed milk atop the yam mixture in the shape of three concentric circles, then using a toothpick pull the edges of the circles in towards the middle.
- Remove the shells from one of the hard-boiled eggs then cut in half lengthwise. Decorate as desired with ketchup.
- Chop the other hard-boiled egg into small pieces then add into a mixing bowl along with the kabocha squash and mayonnaise. Season with salt and pepper. Using a large spoon, form the mixture into spheres then place into the bento box. Decorate with seaweed as desired.
- Cut the steamed hot dog in half and top with a small piece of cheese inside the bento box.
- Place pieces of steamed broccoli inside the bento box where there is empty space.