Hawaiian Loco Moco
- 1 cup cooked white rice
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1 pack (0.87-oz.) beef gravy mix
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 8 oz. mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tsp corn oil
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Shape the ground beef into four evenly distributed patties and season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Preheat the oil in the wok on HIGH.
- Place each patty in the wok and sear for 3 minutes on each side. Set aside the cooked patties.
- Add butter into the wok and allow it to melt then add in the mushrooms and sauté until softened.
- In a small bowl, mix the beef gravy mix and water until it’s a smooth consistency.
- Pour the gravy into the wok with the mushrooms and cook until the gravy thickens then set the gravy aside.
- Heat oil in the wok then crack the egg inside. Fry the egg for 3-4 minutes, until or until the egg whites are cooked but the yolk is still runny.
- Place a serving of rice on a serving plate then top with a cooked hamburger patty. Spoon the desired amount of gravy on the hamburger then top with sunny side up egg. Garnish with green onions and serve.