Italian Meatball Soup
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup carrots, shredded
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup zucchini, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb. fresh or frozen meatballs
- 1 (16-oz.) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup kale leaves
- salt and pepper
- parmesan cheese, for serving
- Heat the olive oil in the inner pot using the Sauté-then-Simmer® function. Once preheated, add onions, carrots, celery, zucchini, and garlic to the inner pot and sauté until fragrant and tender.
- Add in the frozen meatballs and continue stirring the ingredients for 3 minutes.
- Pour in the can of diced tomatoes and chicken broth, and allow the mixture to cook with the lid closed. The cooker will switch to simmer mode.
- Once the unit has finished simmering, stir in the kale leaves and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add fresh Parmesan cheese if desired, and serve.