- 1 large bunch kale
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 3/4 tsp salt
- dash of cayenne pepper
- Strip the leaves away from the leafstalks and tough midribs.
- Wash the kale leaves and dry them well with paper towels.
- Tear the leaves into just slightly larger than chip-sized pieces (about 3-inches diameter).
- Toss the kale in a large bowl with olive oil, ensuring every piece is coated.
- Spread the leaves out on the dehydrator trays in single layers. Make sure the leaves are not touching one another.
- Dry at 145°F for 1 hour then at 115°F for an additional 3-4 hours.
- Season with salt and cayenne pepper then store in a ziplock bag at room temperature.