Lemon Rosemary Chicken
- 1 whole chicken (about 5 lbs.), spatchcocked
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp fresh rosemary, minced
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley, minced
- 4 tbsp garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 4 tbsp lemon zest
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 4 tsp salt
- 4 lemon slices
- In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients except the spatchcocked chicken.
- Coat both sides of the chicken with the mixture using a basting brush or your hands. Be sure to coat the entire surface of the chicken.
- Arrange the chicken skin side up into the inner pot then pour the remaining mixture over the chicken.
- Cook the chicken on the Steam function for 20 minutes. To check the chicken for doneness throughout the cooking process, insert a meat thermometer into the thickest part of the chicken.
- Once the 20 minutes on Steam has elapsed, switch to the White Rice function. Use a meat thermometer to check the chicken for doneness. Continue to cook on the White Rice function until the thickest part of the chicken’s temperature reads 165°F.
- Once the chicken is completed cooking, remove from the inner pot and serve on a large platter.