Low-Carb Citrus Chicken
- 2 cups Greek yogurt
- Juice from 1/2 orange
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 whole (2-3 lb.) chicken, spatchcocked
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 small sweet onion, sliced
- 2 mini bell peppers, sliced
- Begin by thoroughly drying the chicken using a paper towel.
- In a large bowl, mix together the Greek yogurt, orange juice, minced garlic, cumin, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper.
- Massage the chicken with the yogurt mixture, ensuring that all surfaces of the chicken are evenly coated.
- Wrap the coated chicken in plastic food wrap and place it in the refrigerator to marinate overnight.
- The next day, take the chicken out of the refrigerator and allow it to come to room temperature.
- Preheat the olive oil in the inner pot of your cooker using the White Rice function. Once the oil is heated, add the sliced onion and bell peppers. Cook for about 5 minutes until the vegetables become translucent and softened.
- Place the marinated chicken into the inner pot and close the lid.
- Allow the cooking cycle to complete, and then let the chicken remain in the cooker for an additional 20 minutes using the Keep Warm mode.
- Serve the flavorful spatchcocked chicken with the cooked onions and bell peppers alongside your choice of vegetables, grains, or side dishes.