Low-Carb Citrus Chicken
- 2 cups Greek yogurt
- juice from 1/2 orange
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 whole (2-3 lb.) chicken, spatchcocked
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 small sweet onion, sliced
- 2 mini bell peppers, sliced
- Use a paper towel to thoroughly dry the chicken.
- In a large bowl, mix together Greek yogurt, orange juice, minced garlic, cumin, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper.
- Massage the chicken with the yogurt mixture, being sure to evenly coat all surfaces of the chicken.
- Wrap the chicken in plastic food wrap then place in the refrigerator and allow it to marinate overnight.
- Remove the chicken from the refrigerator and allow it to come to room temperature.
- Preheat olive oil in the inner pot of your cooker using the White Rice function. Once heated, add the onion and bell peppers and allow them to cook for 5 minutes or until translucent and softened.
- Place the chicken into the inner pot and close the lid.
- Allow the cooking cycle to complete then let the chicken remain in the cooker for 20 minutes on Keep Warm mode.
- Serve with vegetables, grains or your favorite side dish!