Mushroom Lentil Loaf
- 1 cup dry lentils
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 ½ cups chopped sweet onion
- 3 cups diced brown mushrooms
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- ¾ cups diced green bell pepper
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup sunflower seeds, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp tomato paste
- 3 tbsp vegan Worcestershire
- 2 tbsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed + 3 tbsp waterBalsamic Glaze
- ⅓ cup ketchup
- 4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Rinse the lentils and add to the inner pot of your rice cooker along with the vegetable broth. Allow to cook on the White Rice function until the cooker automatically switches to Keep Warm. Place in a separate bowl and let it cool.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and line your DoveWare™ casserole with parchment paper. Combine the ground flax seed with water and set aside to thicken.
- Use a food processor to finely chop the onion, garlic, mushroom and pepper.
- Using the Sauté-then-Simmer® function on your rice cooker, heat up 2 tbsp of oil then sauté the onions. When the onions are browned, add in mushrooms, garlic, carrot and green pepper then sauté for another 10 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a food processor, mash half of the lentils then add them back into the bowl along with the remaining ingredients and herbs.
- Mix the Worcestershire and the tomato paste into the flax seed mixture and add to the bowl.
- Stir everything together until the liquid is evenly distributed.
- Pour mixture into the DoveWare and smooth it down with a spatula.
- Combine the ingredients for the balsamic glaze in a small bowl and mix together. Spread over the top of the loaf and cook in the oven for 40-45 minutes. Allow to cool for about 10-15 minutes before serving.