One Pot Chicken Parmesan Rigatoni
- 3 tbsp Italian dressing
- 2 small chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 8 oz rigatoni pasta
- 1½ cups marinara sauce
- 2 cups water
- ½ cup mozzarella, shredded
- ½ cup parmesan, grated
- salt & pepper, to taste
- fresh basil, to garnish
- Heat the bottom dish of the tagine on the stove over medium-high heat.
- Once heated for a few minutes, add the Italian dressing and chicken to the tagine.
- Cook the chicken, stirring frequently, until it’s browned and just cooked through, about 7 minutes.
- Add the pasta, marinara sauce, and water to the tagine. Carefully stir to combine, ensuring that most of the noodles are submerged.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium.
- Place the lid on the tagine and cook for about 17 minutes, or until the pasta is fully cooked through.
- While the pasta is cooking, mix the diced mango and cut vegetables together in a bowl.
- Add half of the shredded mozzarella cheese to the cooked pasta and stir thoroughly to melt and incorporate.
- Top the pasta with the remaining mozzarella cheese. Place the lid back on and cook for an additional 3 minutes, allowing the cheese to fully melt. Alternatively, you can move the tagine without the lid to the oven and broil for 4 minutes to melt the cheese.
- Remove the tagine from the heat, top with fresh basil, and serve.