ONE-POT MAPO TOFU OVER RICE
- 1 tbsp oil
- 100g ground pork
- 3 tbsp garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp ginger, minced
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp fresh Sichuan peppercorn powder
- 14 oz soft tofu, cubed
- ½ cup water
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- Cooked white rice, for serving
- Green onion, chopped (for garnish)
- Preheat your rice cooker using the Sauté-then-Simmer (STS) mode.
- Heat the oil in the rice cooker until it shimmers, then sauté the ground pork until fully cooked.
- Stir in the minced garlic and ginger, and sauté for 1 more minute until aromatic.
- Add the soy sauce and half of the Sichuan peppercorn powder. Mix everything well.
- Gently add the cubed tofu and water (reserving 3 tbsp). Allow the mixture to simmer for about 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix the cornstarch with the remaining reserved water.
- Pour half of the cornstarch mixture into the pot and gently stir for about 30 seconds. Then, add the remainder and continue stirring until the sauce thickens.
- Serve the flavorful tofu and pork mixture over cooked white rice.
- Garnish with chopped green onion and more Sichuan peppercorn powder according to your taste preference.
- Enjoy this delicious and aromatic Sichuan Tofu and Pork dish served with rice!