ONE-POT SAFFRON SEAFOOD PAELLA
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 cup parsley, chopped stems and leaves divided
- 2 bay leaves, crushed
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 pinch saffron
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 cups white rice
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄2 lb mussels
- 1 lb clams
- lemon, quartered for garnish
- Preheat your rice cooker using the Sauté-then-Simmer (STS) mode.
- Heat olive oil in the cooker until shimmering, then sauté garlic and shallot for about 5 minutes.
- Mix in the diced bell pepper, tomato, and chopped parsley stems. Stir and cook until the mixture becomes aromatic.
- Add the crushed bay leaves, paprika, saffron, salt, pepper, and white rice. Stir and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Pour in the chicken broth and add salt to taste. Close the lid and cook until the timer shows 10 minutes remaining in the cooking cycle.
- Stir the parsley leaves into the rice mixture, then place the shrimp, mussels, and clams on top.
- Close the lid to complete the cooking cycle, then use the KEEP WARM setting for an additional 10 minutes.
- Garnish the dish with fresh lemon quarters and serve warm