One Pot Tomato Rice
- 2 cups rice
- 1/2 cup diced sausage
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced mushroom
- 1/2 cup diced carrot
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1 medium tomato
- 2 cups water
- Salt, to taste
- Begin by adding all the ingredients to the rice cooker, starting with the rice.
- Cut a small “X” across the bottom of the tomato and place it in the center of the other ingredients in the rice cooker.
- Close the lid of the rice cooker and turn it on to start cooking.
- Once the cooking cycle is complete, carefully remove the tomato and discard its skin. Chop the tomato and return it to the rice cooker.
- Add salt to taste and gently mix all the ingredients together.
- Serve the flavorful and colorful rice dish while it’s still warm and enjoy the delicious combination of ingredients.