Aroma's Pineapple Paradise Upside-Down Cake
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 large egg
- 1 (20oz) can pineapple ring
- 2 ½ cup cake flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 9 maraschino cherry
- Combine sugar, brown sugar, and softened butter in a large mixing bowl. Beat at medium speed until creamy.
- Add eggs to the mixture and continue beating until well mixed.
- Beat in the pineapple juice from the can of pineapple rings.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the bowl, beating at low speed and scraping the sides of the bowl often until well mixed.
- Arrange the pineapple rings in the inner pot, and if desired, place a cherry in the center and between each pineapple ring.
- Pour the cake mixture over the arranged pineapple rings in the inner pot.
- Close the lid and cook with the CAKE function.
- Once the cooking cycle is complete, carefully remove the inner pot.
- Place a plate over the inner pot, then flip the pot to carefully turn the warm cake out onto the plate.
- Serve with ice cream or whipped cream!