Quinoa & Red Bean Salad
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup dried red beans
- 1 bay leaf
- 7 cups water
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups corn
- 2 cucumbers, cubed
- In an unplugged and turned off rice cooker, soak the dried red beans in the inner pot with 3 cups of water overnight.
- After soaking, drain and rinse the beans thoroughly then add them back into the inner pot. Pour in 4 cups of water and add in 1 bay leaf.
- Turn the rice cooker on and select the Brown Rice function. When the cycle is finished, let the beans remain in the pot on Keep Warm mode for 30 minutes, then run the Brown Rice cycle once more.
- While the beans are cooking, whisk together the olive oil, cumin, garlic, lime, and salt in a small mixing bowl.
- In a large mixing bowl, place in cooked quinoa, beans, cubed cucumber and corn and gently fold in the olive oil dressing from the previous step. Once everything is incorporated let the mixture chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes then serve!