Rice & Bean Quesarito
- 4 rice cooker cups of cooked white rice (equal to 3 standard U.S. cups)
- 30oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 12 burrito-sized flour tortillas
- 2 cups Mexican cheese blend, shredded
- ½ cup queso dip
- ½ cup sour cream
- any other add-ins you’d like
- Set the Grillet™ to 350°. Place the lid on and let it heat.
- While the Grillet™ is heating, mix the black beans and salsa with the rice until it is fully incorporated and all of the rice is coated with the salsa. Set aside.
- Place a tortilla into the heated Grillet™. Sprinkle a good portion of the Mexican cheese over the top, then cover with a second tortilla.
- Press the tortillas carefully with a spatula. Place the lid on the Grillet™ and let the quesadilla cook on that side for about 2 minutes.
- Open the lid and carefully use a spatula to flip over the quesadilla. Again replace the lid and let cook until the cheese is all melted and you see grill marks.
- Remove from the grill and let it cool for a minute or two until you can easily handle it.
- Add about ¼ cup of the rice and bean mixture to the quesadilla in a line down the center. Add some of the queso, sour cream, and any other desired toppings.
- Fold and roll the quesarito like you would a burrito.
- Repeat with the other tortillas until you have 6 quesaritos.