Rice & Bean Quesarito
- 4 rice cooker cups of cooked white rice (equivalent to 3 standard U.S. cups)
- 30 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 12 burrito-sized flour tortillas
- 2 cups Mexican cheese blend, shredded
- ½ cup queso dip
- ½ cup sour cream
- Any other add-ins you’d like
- Preheat the Grillet™ to 350°F (175°C). Place the lid on and allow it to heat up.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the drained and rinsed black beans and chunky salsa with the cooked white rice. Mix until the rice is fully coated with the salsa and the ingredients are well incorporated. Set aside.
- Place one tortilla into the preheated Grillet™. Sprinkle a generous portion of the shredded Mexican cheese over the top of the tortilla. Place a second tortilla over the cheese to create a quesadilla.
- Gently press down on the tortillas using a spatula. Cover the Grillet™ with the lid and let the quesadilla cook for about 2 minutes on one side.
- Open the lid and carefully use a spatula to flip the quesadilla over. Replace the lid and continue cooking until the cheese is melted and you see grill marks on the tortilla.
- Remove the quesadilla from the Grillet™ and allow it to cool for a minute or two until it is easy to handle.
- Spoon about ¼ cup of the rice and bean mixture in a line down the center of the quesadilla.
- Add desired amounts of queso, sour cream, and any other toppings you like.
- Fold and roll the quesadilla into a burrito-like shape.
- Repeat the process with the remaining tortillas to make a total of 6 quesaritos