- 2 cups white rice
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 large eggs
- 4 beef patties
- 1 tbsp oil
- 4 tbsp premade beef gravy
- Cook 2 cups of white rice in your rice cooker without washing or rinsing the rice before cooking. The starch on the rice will help the patties hold together better later.
- Once the rice is cooked, transfer it to a large mixing bowl. Add sesame oil and salt, and mix well.
- Divide the rice mixture into 8 equal parts. Shape each part into a sphere and then press it down to form a round patty about ½ inch thick. Set aside.
- Using the Sauté-then-Simmer® (STS) function on your rice cooker, heat the inner pot and place the beef patties in it. Sauté both sides until browned, then remove the patties from the pot. Keep the excess oil in the pot for cooking the eggs.
- Crack 4 eggs into the inner pot, close the lid, and let them cook for 10 minutes using the STS function. Once the eggs are cooked through, remove them from the pot and divide them into 4 equal parts.
- Add oil to the inner pot, still on STS mode. Once the oil is heated, place each rice patty into the pot and toast both sides until they become golden and crispy.
- To assemble the burgers, place one cooked egg and one beef patty on top of each toasted rice bun. Brush each assembled burger with beef gravy.
- Top each burger with the second rice bun, creating a complete burger.