- 2 cups white rice
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 large eggs
- 4 beef patty
- 1 tbsp oil
- 4 tbsp premade beef gravy
- Cook 2 cups of white rice in your rice cooker. Do not wash or rinse the rice before cooking. For the rice patties to be properly formed and stay together later, the more starch that is left on the rice, the better.
- Once the rice is done cooking, transfer to a large mixing bowl then add the sesame oil and salt. Mix well.
- Divide the rice mixture into 8 equal parts then form each part into a sphere. Press the sphere down to create a round patty about ½ inch thick. Repeat with each rice sphere and set aside.
- Press the Sauté-then-Simmer® STS function on your rice cooker, then place the hamburger patties into the inner pot. Sauté both sides until browned then remove the patties from the heat. Do not rinse out the inner pot, instead keep the excess oil for extra flavorful eggs in the next step!
- Crack 4 eggs into inner pot then close the lid and let them cook for 10 minutes, still on the STS function. Once the eggs have cooked and are no longer runny, remove from the inner pot and divide into 4 equal parts.
- Add oil to the inner pot and remain on STS mode. After the oil has preheated, place each of the rice patties into the rice cooker and toast both sides until golden and crispy.
- Assemble into burgers by laying one egg and one hamburger patty on top of each toasted rice bun. Brush each assembled burger with beef gravy then top with the second rice bun.