Rice Cooker Barley
4 hours 10 minutes
- 1 cup barley (rinsed)
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Add all ingredients to the inner pot of your rice cooker and stir.
- Press Delay Timer, and set for 4 hours. This soaking time is essential for reducing cook time and improving the flavor of your barley.
- Once the Delay Timer is set, press the Brown Rice function.
- The display will count down from the set delay time, then automatically begin cooking. The timer will count down the final 12 minutes of cook time.
- Once the barley is finished, the cooker will automatically switch to Keep Warm. Let the barley sit on the Keep Warm function for 10 minutes before serving.
- Top with grilled or pan-seared salmon, roasted asparagus, and any other desired toppings.