Rice Cooker Made Meat Pie Fillings
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground sausage
- 2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 ½ cup potato, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1/4 tsp dried sage
1 package refrigerated pie crusts
- Heat up the rice cooker with Sauté-then-Simmer® STS, add beef and sausage. Sauté until brown and then add in onion.
- Mix and sauté until onion soft, add potato, water and all the seasoning.
- Close the lid and let it go to simmer mood to cook.
- When the STS cycle done, open the lid and mash all the potato and mix well with other filling.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Place one of the pie crusts into a 9″ pie plate.
- Use fork to poke some holes on the bottom pie crust. Fill with the meat mixture, then top with the other pie crust. Crimp around the edges using your finger. Prick the top crust a few times with a knife to vent steam. Brush with egg wash.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the crust has browned.