Ricotta & Parmesan Pasta Salad
Aroma® Pasta Cooker (also on *Reduce the ingredients for smaller cookers)
- 1 head garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 16 ounces small shell pasta, uncooked
- 15 ounces ricotta
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 18 ounces cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 5 ounces baby spinach
- ⅔ cup parmesan, grated
- Cut approximately ½ inch off the top of the head of garlic.
- Place the bulb in a small bowl and drizzle the olive oil over the exposed cloves.
- Cover the bowl with an upside down plate. Microwave on high in 1 minute increments until the garlic is soft and fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Carefully remove the plate and remove from the microwave using oven mitts. Set aside and let cool.
- While the garlic is cooling, fill the pasta cooker to the MAX line with water. Set for the Medium Pasta setting and allow to reach a boil.
- Add the noodles and let cook for 7-10 minutes until al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, squeeze the garlic cloves from the head and mince well.
- Add the minced garlic to a medium bowl along with the ricotta cheese, and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- When the pasta is done, turn the cooker off. Reserve ½ cup of the pasta water, then use the lid to drain the pasta while keeping it in the pot. Return the pot to the cooker.
- Add the reserved pasta water to the ricotta cheese mixture. Stir until it forms a smooth sauce.
- Pour the sauce over the pasta in the pot. Stir until well combined.
- Add in the sliced cherry tomatoes and the spinach, then the parmesan cheese.
- Stir everything until the ingredients are well combined and the spinach is slightly wilted. Serve hot.
Recipe inspiration from Budget Bytes.