Savory Bread Pudding
- 1/2 loaf egg-based bread (such as challah or brioche), cut into cubes
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup half and half
- 2 cups deli ham, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, half and half, salt and pepper.
- Pour the cubed bread into the mixture. Stir gently to combine then let the bread steep for 20 minutes.
- Add butter to the inner pot of your rice cooker and turn on the Sauté-then-Simmer® STS function. Allow the butter to melt then sauté the chopped onion until it’s translucent and soft.
- Stir in the ham and continue to sauté for 10 minutes or until ham is slightly seared.
- Pour the steeped bread cubes into the inner pot. Mix in cheddar cheese, stirring gently to evenly combine all ingredients.
- Once mixed, close the lid and allow the mixture to simmer until your unit automatically switches to Keep Warm mode.
- Serve the pudding warm and topped with hot sauce or other condiments if desired.