Shrimp and Grits
- 1/2 cup uncooked old-fashioned grits
- 1 1/3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbsp butter
- salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup cheddar cheese
- 8 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 lb. medium peeled shrimp
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 4 green onions, chopped
- Put all Grits ingredients except the cheese into the inner pot. Mix well then press the cook switch down to begin heating.
- Cover and cook for 15-17 minutes or until the grits are thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the cheese and heat until it’s melted. Once melted, switch the cooker to Warm mode manually.
- Preheat the Grillet® on medium heat. Once heated, add the bacon to the pan and cook until crisp.
- Remove the bacon and set aside. Reserve 4 tsp oil in the grill pan from the bacon.
- Add in the shrimp, garlic, and Cajun seasoning and sauté until the shrimp turns pink.
- Serve with a sprinkling onions on top and with the cooked grits.