Southwest Chicken Soup
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup sweet onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup carrot, sliced
- 1 cup chopped cabbage
- 1/2 cup small broccoli florets
- 1 can (4.5 oz) green chiles
- 1 can (14.5 oz) fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1/2 can (7 oz) chipotle peppers
- 3 cups chicken stock
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Set the Whatever pot to medium heat with the stainless steel pot. Add olive oil and chopped onion. Sauté for about 5 minutes to soften the onion.
- Add the chicken breast, green chiles, diced tomatoes, chipotle peppers, and chicken broth. Bring the mixture to a boil, then lower the heat to a low setting and simmer for 20 minutes. After that, remove the chicken breast and set it aside.
- Incorporate the sliced carrot, chopped cabbage, and small broccoli florets into the simmering soup. While the vegetables are cooking, use two forks to shred the cooked chicken breast, and then stir it back into the soup. Continue to simmer for an additional 7 minutes.
- Season the soup with salt and pepper according to your taste preferences. Serve the warm and flavorful soup to enjoy!