Southwest Chicken Soup
- 1 piece boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup sweet onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup carrot, sliced
- 1 cup chopped cabbage
- 1/2 cup small broccoli florets
- 1 can 4.5 oz. green chiles
- 1 can 14.5 oz. fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1/2 can 7 oz. chipotle peppers
- 3 cup chicken stock
- salt and pepper for taste
- Turn Whatever pot to medium heat with stainless steel pot. Add olive oil, chopped onion. Sauté for 5 minutes to soften.
- Add the chicken breasts, green chiles, diced tomato, chipotle, chicken broth. Bring to boil, lower heat to low setting, and simmer for 20 minutes. Then remove the chicken and set it aside.
- Add the carrot, cabbage and broccoli. Meanwhile, shred the chicken breasts with two forks, and stir it back to the soup. Simmer for another 7 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, serve warm!