Spicy Eggs & Potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ yellow onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tsp chili powder
- salt & pepper, to taste
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup small diced mini gold potatoes
- 2 cups kale, chopped
- 6 eggs
- 4 oz goat cheese
- Set the air fryer for HIGH and the timer for 30 minutes.
- Add the oil to the cooking pan. Close the lid and let heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Open the lid and add the onions, giving a quick stir with a long-handled wooden or heat safe spoon that will not scratch the pan. Close the lid and cook 10 minutes until they are soft, opening the lid every now and then to stir.
- Add the garlic, salt, two teaspoons of the chili powder, vegetable broth, and tomatoes. Close the lid and cook the remaining time on the timer, opening the lid now and then to stir.
- When the timer sounds, open the lid and carefully remove the cooking pan to a heat safe surface. Scoop out the sauce, transfer to a blender and puree until smooth. Set aside.
- Without washing, return the cooking pan to the air fryer. Set the fryer for HIGH and the timer for 30.
- Add the potatoes and remaining 1 teaspoon of chili powder; give a good stir. Close the lid and cook for 15 minutes until browned on the outside, opening the lid to stir every now and then.
- Add the sauce back into the pan and mix well. Close the lid and cook the remaining time on the timer, opening every now and then to stir with the wooden or heat safe spoon.
- When the timer sounds, open the lid and stir in the kale until well incorporated.
- Use a spoon to make little holes for the eggs on top of the sauce. Crack the eggs directly onto the warm sauce. Close the lid, set the air fryer for MED and timer for 7-8 minutes.
- Let cook until the timer sounds, then let sit covered for an additional 5 minutes without the heat on. This should give you medium-cooked yolks.
- Open the lid, top with goat cheese and fresh cracked pepper.