Split Pea Soup
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 bunch spring onion, sliced
- 1 potato, diced
- 1 liter vegetable stock
- 2 lbs. fresh peas
- 1/2 small bunch mint
- Biscuits, baguettes, or bread to serve
- Heat the olive oil and butter in the inner pot of your rice cooker using the Sauté-then-Simmer® function.
- Once the butter has melted and the oil is hot, add the sliced spring onions and diced potatoes. Sauté for about 5 minutes, stirring gently.
- Pour in the vegetable stock. The cooker will automatically switch to simmer mode. Allow the soup to simmer until the potatoes are tender.
- Add the fresh peas and mint leaves to the pot. Cook for an additional 5 minutes, then turn off the cooker.
- Allow the mixture to cool down a bit, and then carefully transfer it to a blender or use a hand mixer to blend until smooth.
- Pour the blended soup into 6 heat-safe bowls.
- Garnish the soup with more fresh mint leaves and sliced spring onions if desired.
- Serve the pea soup with biscuits, baguettes, or bread on the side for dipping and a delightful meal.