- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 cup whipped cream
- 1 1/2 quarts fresh strawberries, sliced
- In a mixing bowl, combine the sugar and melted butter until well mixed.
- Whisk in the egg, followed by the milk and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Gradually mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until you have a smooth batter.
- Pour the batter into the inner pot of your rice cooker.
- Select the Cake function on your rice cooker.
- Once the cooking cycle is complete, carefully remove the cake from the rice cooker and allow it to cool on a wire rack.
- Once the cake has cooled, cut it horizontally to create two layers.
- Spread whipped cream on top of one of the cake layers.
- Arrange the sliced strawberries over the whipped cream.
- Place the second cake layer on top to sandwich the whipped cream and strawberries.
- Serve the strawberry shortcake slices with additional whipped cream and fresh strawberries on top.