- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 cup whipped cream
- 1 1/2 quart fresh strawberries, sliced
- In a bowl, mix together sugar and butter until fully incorporated.
- Whisk in the egg, milk and vanilla.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a separate bowl, then mix into the wet ingredients.
- Pour the batter into the inner pot then select the Cake function.
- Once the cooking cycle has completed, remove the cake from the cooker and allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Cut the cake in half horizontally and spread out the whipped cream and sliced strawberries on top of one half. Place the other half of the cake on top and serve with additional whipped cream and strawberries.