Spinach & Goat Cheese Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- 2 cups spinach
- 4 oz goat cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Wash and dry the spaghetti squash. Use a fork to poke holes around the squash from stem to base and back on the other side. Microwave for 2 minutes to slightly soften and make it easier to cut.
- Carefully cut the spaghetti squash in half on a cutting board, following the fork poke holes as a guide.
- Use a spoon to scoop out the seeds and stringy part of the flesh.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the cut side of the spaghetti squash. Place both halves cut side-down into a casserole dish.
- Bake the squash in the preheated oven for 35-45 minutes, or until the flesh is tender.
- While the squash is baking, prepare the filling by setting the multicooker to the Sauté-then-Simmer® STS function. Close the lid and let it heat briefly.
- Add the chopped onion, garlic powder, oregano, and basil to the multicooker. Cook while stirring frequently with a long-handled wooden or heat-safe spoon until the onion is soft, about 5-8 minutes.
- Turn off the cooker and stir in the spinach. Cook for 2-3 minutes until the spinach is wilted.
- Stir in the goat cheese until fully melted. Keep the filling in the cooker and set it aside.
- Once the spaghetti squash has finished baking, remove it from the oven and let it cool for about 10 minutes.
- Flip the spaghetti squash over so the flesh side is facing up. Use a fork to gently pull the flesh from the skin, creating “spaghetti” strands.
- Spoon the spaghetti squash into the multicooker with the spinach and goat cheese filling. Gently mix to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the spaghetti squash mixture by either placing it back into the squash skins or scooping it into bowls.