Spinach & Goat Cheese Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- 2 cups spinach
- 4 oz goat cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400°.
- Wash and dry the spaghetti squash. Use a fork to poke holes around the squash from stem to base and back on the other side. Microwave for 2 minutes to slightly soften and make easier to cut.
- On a cutting board, carefully follow the fork poke holes and cut the squash in half with a knife.
- Use a spoon to scoop out the seeds and stringy part of the flesh.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the cut side of the spaghetti squash. Place both halves cut side-down into the casserole dish.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes.
- While the squash is baking, start preparing the filling by setting the multicooker to Sauté-then-Simmer® STS. Close the lid and allow to heat briefly.
- Add in the onion, garlic powder, oregano, and basil. Cook while stirring frequently with a long-handled wooden or heat safe spoon until soft, about 5-8 minutes.
- Once the onion is soft, switch the cooker off and add the spinach. Stir for 2-3 minutes until wilted.
- Stir in the goat cheese until it is fully melted. Keep the filling in the cooker and set aside.
- When the squash has finished cooking, remove it from the oven and let it cool for about 10 minutes.
- Flip over the spaghetti squash so the flesh side is up. Use a fork to gently pull the flesh from the skin so it looks like spaghetti.
- Spoon the spaghetti squash into the multicooker. Mix with the spinach filling to gently combine. Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Place the filling back into the skin or scoop into bowls and serve!