Summer Quinoa Salad
FOR THE SALAD:
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 ½ cups water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- assorted fruit, chopped (we used one apple, two plums, and one peach)
- chopped mint (optional)
- pine nuts (optional)
FOR THE DRESSING:
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 lemon, zested
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp honey or agave
- Add rinsed quinoa, olive oil, and water to the inner pot of your rice cooker.
- Give the ingredients a quick stir, then close the lid and press the Quinoa button to cook. The timer will count down the final 10 minutes of cook time.
Note: if your rice cooker does not have a Quinoa function, you can use the White Rice function.
- Add the chopped stone fruit to the cooked quinoa and stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients together, pour over the quinoa and stir well.
Note: we love to serve this salad warm, but you can also refrigerate before adding the dressing if desired.
- Transfer the salad to a plate or bowl, top with mint and pine nuts, and enjoy.