Summer Squash Boat
- 3 large zucchinis
- 3 yellow squashes
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Trim the ends of each squash. Cut the zucchini and yellow squash in half lengthwise, then scoop out the inner pulp, leaving 1-2 inch wide grooves.
- Brush a thin coat of olive oil on each squash and finely chop the removed pulp.
- Preheat your Grillet to 350°F. Once hot, grill the squash face down until there are visible grill lines. Remove from heat.
- Combine beef, zucchini pulp, and onion into the pan and cook until meat is no longer pink. Remove from heat and drain excess liquids.
- Turn the Grillet down to 300°F. Transfer beef mixture to a bowl, and add ½ cup cheese, ketchup, salt, and pepper; mix well.
- Spoon the beef mixture into the squash shells, then place them back on the grill. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Close the lid and cook for 10 minutes or until the squash is tender and cheese is melted.