Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Sage Butter Sauce
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 8 cups water
- 2 tsp of salt
- 5 tbsp of unsalted butter
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 1/4 cup of fresh sage
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pour 2 cups of water into the inner pot. Cut each sweet potato in half lengthwise then place the halves in the steam tray. Press the Steam button and steam the sweet potatoes for 25 minutes or until softened. Set aside and let them cool.
- Remove the skin of each sweet potato. Mash them together in a large mixing bowl until they reach a smooth consistency. Stir in salt and flour.
- The mixture should become a thick dough consistency. If the mixture is too thin, add extra flour in increments of 1/4 cups until dough consistency is achieved.
- Roll the dough into 1/2 inch thick cylinders. Cut the gnocchi into 1 inch pieces then set aside.
- Pour in 6 cups of water to the inner pot then press the White Rice function. Once the water reaches a boil, add in the raw sweet potato gnocchi and cook for about 10 minutes. The gnocchi will float to the top once it’s fully cooked. Once cooked, drain the water from the inner pot and set cooked gnocchi to the side.
- Add butter to the inner pot then press the Sauté-then-Simmer function. Once the butter has melted and coated the bottom of the inner pot, place in the garlic and sauté until aromatic.
- Add in the sage leaves, salt and pepper then let the mixture brown for 3 minutes, stirring frequently with a long-handled wooden utensil.
- Add the cooked gnocchi into the inner pot and toss until everything is combined. Serve while hot!