Tomato Beef Stew with Brown Rice
3 hours 30 minutes
- 3 lb beef, braised and cubed
- 1 (28 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tbsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 cup brown rice
- Cook brown rice using the Brown Rice or Grain function in your rice cooker. Once cooked, remove the rice from the inner pot and set it aside.
- In the same inner pot of the rice cooker, combine the diced tomatoes, sweet onion, minced garlic, sugar, ketchup, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper.
- Press the Slow Cook button on your rice cooker and set it to the HIGH heat setting. Let the mixture cook for 3 hours.
- After the slow cooking cycle is finished, switch to the Sauté-then-Simmer® STS function and allow the mixture to simmer for an additional 30 minutes, or until most of the liquid has reduced.
- Remove the cooked braised beef from the inner pot.
- Serve the cooked beef over the brown rice. You can also serve the extra leftover sauce on the side as a delicious accompaniment.